Reading Time for This Rhinoplasty Article : 2 minutes
Things shouldn’t do Before Rhinoplasty nose job plastic surgery
- Don’t panic when the cast comes off, because your nose will still be swollen. There will be a dramatic change, even after the second week, as the nose heals and settles.
- Avoid medication that thins the blood, as this could cause excess bleeding. Do not resume the use of these meds until you consult Dr. Torgerson.
- Don’t smoke!
- Avoid the sun several weeks post-op, as your skin will be sensitive and therefore burn more easily.
- Don’t book your rhinoplasty a couple of weeks before a big event like a wedding or a gala function. Although you should be comfortable to attend social gatherings after two weeks, swelling around the nose continues to reduce for three to four months. Your nose may look larger in photographs than in person.
- This list of do’s and don’ts is not unreasonable and can be followed easily with some preparation and forethought. Booking a consultation at our convenient downtown Toronto location will start your exciting journey, which we are confident will end with you having the new look you’ve always dreamed of!