What to do before and after Rhinoplasty plastic surgery?
The decision to undergo a rhinoplasty can be both exciting and daunting
Alterations to the nose can make a profound effect on a person’s appearance and can lead to more self-confidence and self-worth. This is the exciting part. Understanding what to expect with your surgery and every aspect of the healing process will alleviate any pre-operation anxiety. There are some definite do’s and don’ts associated with every facial cosmetic surgery. Patients benefit from following these guidelines so that they are not only delighted with their new look, but also with their experience.
Choose the right surgeon! Make sure that they are both certified and experienced
- Choose the right surgeon! Make sure that they are both certified and experienced. It is also beneficial if they operate from their own private surgery centre . This provides you with more individual care, and the surgery is scheduled around your timetable rather than trying to fit into a hospital’s schedule.
- Although the surgeon you choose may be qualified, it is very important that you feel comfortable with them after your consultations and have established a rapport. A relationship of mutual respect prior to moving forward with surgery is invaluable.
- Ensure that you are mentally prepared for the alteration of your nose. Make the most of your consultation time. Don’t be afraid to ask questions so that you understand every aspect of the rhinoplasty. Take advantage of 3D Vectra Imaging System so that you will be able to collaborate with your nose job plastic surgery team to customize your future nose.
- Arrange for a ride home on surgery day and take at least one week off of work while the cast is on.
- Sleep in an upright position with your head higher than your heart. This minimizes edema (swelling) significantly.
- Take the prescribed pain medication so that your experience is tolerable. Also, taking the antibiotics prescribed will reduce the risk of infection.